Pressure washers are not all made equal, so if you’re looking for the most powerful options then you’re going to need to pay close attention to the PSI rating (Pounds Per Square Inch).
There are different models with different PSI ratings for different uses.
The average homeowner using a power washer for decks, driveways, or washing the odd car will find a washer with a 1,500 PSI more than good enough. If you need your washer to stand the test of time and perform in a commercial environment, cleaning stainless steel for example, then you’re going to need more than that and should be looking much more in the 3,000 PSI range.
Below we’ve together a buyers guide and a list of the highest powered pressure washers on the market. Lets get stuck in.
Pressure Washer Buying Guide
There’s a lot to consider when buying a pressure washer and it mostly depends on what you need it for and how much you want to spend.
Here’s the top 5 things to consider when buying a pressure washer with power in mind:
- Purpose: Light tasks would work at 1500 PSI but the tougher the job, the higher the PSI rating should be. While decks, fences, vehicles, and other more stubborn jobs would be suited to power washers with a 2600 PSI – 4000 PSI.
- Cost: As with most things we buy, we can focus on cost or focus on features and durability. Pressure washers start from £150 going over £3700. You won’t need to spend £4k to get some grease off the paving. Let your budget fit your requirements.
- Fuel type (Gas, Electric, Petrol, Diesel); Gas-powered washers are more powerful than petrol or electric units and more mobile as you don’t need to be hooked up to a power source. Gas models generate more PSI and GPM to clean faster, whereas electric-powered ones have a max PSI output of 3000.
- Flow Rate: Not only is the PSI rating important but so is the flow rate measured as the GPM rating (Gallons Per Minute). PSI does the cleaning, but the higher the flow rate, the faster the cleaning, so together they provide efficient and effective cleaning. Because the task gets done quicker, you will save on fuel and energy too.
- Size and storage: To be practical, if your new massive power washer is bigger than your shed, then it probably wasn’t a good idea to buy it. Find the right-size washer that can be stored properly for good maintenance.
Highest PSI Pressure Washers: Most Powerful
#1 Petrol: Kiam KM3700P
Our top pick for a petrol-powered pressure washer that rates the most powerful is the Kiam KM3700P 14hp Industrial Petrol Pressure Washer.
It has a powerful performance-approved 14.0 HP 4-stroke air cooling engine which is recoil started. The washer also has piston triplex pumps featuring German “PARKER” valves and seals and the engine is operated by a variable throttle control so that you can easily adjust the power.
For convenience, it has 5 power quick-release nozzles for different degrees including 0, 15, 25, 45 and 80 degree.
This model comes with a hose, trigger gun and steel lance. The Kiam engine has a low-oil shut off to avoid using the engine if the oil is low. This feature is ideal for protecting your engine as it will not become to dry to operate.
It has anti-vibration shockers to make it easier to use. The 3m water suction hose and water suction filter is designed to extract the water from a tank. It also includes a detergent pipe and filter.
This Kiam model variable pressure control valve giving you full control over the cleaning process. This is a very powerful pressure washer suitable for large domestic, commercial, and agricultural cleaning tasks.
Weight: 65 kg
Power Source: Petrol unleaded
Hose Length: 10m high pressure hose with connectors
Cord Length: Not applicable
Flow Rate: 15 litres per minute
#2 Petrol: Wassper 3100 PSI
The Wassper W3100VA Petrol Pressure washer is a great mobile pressure washer that takes out the frustration and makes for an effortless cleaning experience.
Its portability at its best with compact dimensions and 12 inch never flat wheels. The pump is a full high pressure pump, with both the body and the head made of aluminium which can do longer work cycles thanks to the finned engine that alleviates heat build up.
The engine is a high quality 196cm3 vertical PEGGAS European built engine and its water flow in combination with the pressure will deliver advanced cleaning capabilities.
The high quality engine has reduced vibrations thanks to the rubber stoppers between the engine and the frame. The washer comes with the 0,6l 10W40 oil included and can be used straight out the box.
The washer has a soap, a 15 degree and a 40 degree angle nozzle.
Weight: 27.6 kg
Power Source: Petrol unleaded
Hose Length: 7.5m pressure hose with quick coupling M22 connectors
Cord Length: Not applicable
Flow Rate: 8.7 litres per minute
#3 Electric: Kärcher K4 Full Control Pressure Washer
The Kärcher K4 Full Control Pressure Washer has a durable and powerful water-cooled motor. This high-pressure cleaner has a Quick Connect gun designed for cleaning moderate soiling.
The Vario Power spray lance (VPS) and dirt blaster is great for cleaning cars, fences, bicycles, etc. The water pressure can be adjusted by twisting the VPS to suit the surface and the dirt blaster has a rotating pencil jet to effortlessly removes stubborn dirt.
An integrated water filter protects the pump against dirt particles entering the system.
The power source is corded-electric with 240 volts and 1800 watts.
The state-of-the-art water-cooled motor has a long service life and high performance. The Plug ‘n’ Clean feature is a quick and convenient way to replace the detergent in one movement and the high-pressure hose is easy to manoeuvre, clicking quickly in and out of the device and spray gun.
It also has a generous cable hook for the tidy storage of the cable directly on the device.
This model is best value for money offering many features for effective cleaning. The dirt blaster will ensure any debris is removed as quickly and possible.
It contains an integrated water filter and A3/4″ garden hose connector adapter.
Weight: 13.1 kg
Power Source: Electrical (and batteries)
Hose Length: 6m high-pressure hose
Cord Length: 5m
Flow Rate: 420 litres per minute